Vladivostok Climate & Temperature
- Vladivostok, Russia is at 43°7'N, 131°54'E, 189 m (618 ft). See map.
- Vladivostok has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Vladivostok is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 4.2 degrees Celsius (39.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 32.6 °C (58.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -8°C (17.6°F) on average falling to -15.7°C (3.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.3°C (45.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 0°C (32°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.6°F) and average low temperatures are 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12°C (53.6°F) during the day and lows of 5°C (41°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 786.9 mm (31 inches) which is equivalent to 786.9 Litres/m² (19.3 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2131 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Vladivostok you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mar Del Plata, Argentina where you would find a Marine west coast climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Vladivostok Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Vladivostok Climate Graph in Metric Units
Vladivostok Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Vladivostok, Russia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Ekaterino-Nikol'Sko, Russia - 518.7 kms (322.3 miles) N
- Changchun, China - 537.4 kms (334 miles) W
- Yanji, China - 198.5 kms (123.4 miles) W
- Chunggang, South Korea - 438.7 kms (272.6 miles) WSW
- Hyesan, South Korea - 362.8 kms (225.5 miles) WSW
- Kimchaek, South Korea - 353.2 kms (219.5 miles) SW
- Wonsan, South Korea - 576.2 kms (358 miles) SW
- Pyongyang, North Korea - 685.6 kms (426 miles) SW
- Chunchon, North Korea - 678.8 kms (421.8 miles) SSW
- Kangnung, North Korea - 649.1 kms (403.4 miles) SSW
- Ullungdo Island, North Korea - 632.5 kms (393.1 miles) S